Thursday, March 14, 2013

Wizard of Oz nursery

My second son is due in about 4 weeks and Im finishing up his room. We picked a Wizard of Oz theme. Im going for more 1940s man wizard of oz feel. I have a bit to go but I have a good start.
My hubby drew this image I found in an old Wizard of oz book

He also painted the emerald city behind the crib

closer look

the book before the wizard of oz was all about how the wizard got to oz and hot air ballon had alot to do with the story

I wanted art representing each char wish-home for dorthey

heart for the tin man

brains for the scare crow

courage for the lion


Above all this is a bit of room on the wall. Im going to find someone who has a cricket paper cutting machine and have them cut out in welcome to munckin land.

No comments:

Post a Comment